Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chicken Wings and Crostini w/Zucchini Pesto



That title is a mouthful (hah!) and a pain in the behind to type.

Anyway...

My love for chicken wings has really blossomed in the south, so I decided to try my hand at making them. I wasn't sure how to do them exactly, and I didn't really follow a specific recipe - just a bunch of different ones. Most of them give the following guidelines for making chicken wings:

1. Season with salt and pepper before putting them on the grill.
2. Heat grill to medium, high heat will cause flame-ups.
3. DO NOT marinate! Toss in sauce immediately after cooking.

Because I have some sort of sauce ADD (I HAVE to have multiple sauces, I can't focus on one) I used a homemade ketchup-based BBQ and a true mustard-based BBQ sauce and tossed about half in each one. They were delicious.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Lissa was busy making the crostini. I'll admit, I had my doubts at first, but it turned out to be super good. You can find the recipe here.

Suggested changes and additions:

* Go lighter on the garlic for the Crostini. (I never thought I'd say go light on garlic!)

* Flip often with the wings, and make sure your grill is oiled/sprayed so they don't stick

* Find a recipe for your OWN ketchup-based BBQ sauce, it's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment